Saturday 8 October 2016

Just For Laughs 2016

I'm in serious need of catching up on all the autographs I got over the summer. I'll start with my trip to Just For Laughs in Montreal. It was a great time, as usual, and I ended up with a few dozen new autographs to add to my collection.

British Comedian and TV host Alan Carr.


 Brian Regan is one of my favourite stand up comedians. I was very excited to meet him!


Carrie Fisher, better known as Princess Leia in Star Wars hosted one of the gala events at JFL this year.

Dan Harmon is a TV writer and producer who created the TV shows Community and the Adult Swim cartoon Rick and Morty.

I've been a fan of the comic Emo Philips for years. I was delighted to find out he's just as eccentric in real life as he is on the stage!


Comedian George Wallace:

Great meeting Hannibal Burress again!


I've met Howie Mandel 3 times now, but I finally got him to sign a photo from Bobby's World one of my favourite shows from childhood! He also signed the photo I took with him a few years ago.



Comedian Iliza Shlessinger has made a big name for herself with her Netflix specials. She's also super friendly and recorded a Snapchat message for my friend who's a big fan of hers! I met her at my first JFL several years ago and she signed the photo from that meeting.



 I was really excited to meet Janeane Garofalo. She was on two of my very favourite TV shows ever; Seinfeld and The West Wing. I was really glad to add her to my Seinfeld collection. While we were chatting she told me that she actually got to take home some of the boxes of cereal from the Seinfeld set!


Jeff B. Davis is a comedian best known for his time as a cast member on Whose Line is it Anyway.


John Mulaney is one of my very favourite comedians! He signed my photo with the inscription I asked for; one of the best lines from his comedy special in my opinion! He seemed pretty amused to sign in like this!

Lewis Black is always great to his fans. It was a pleasure seeing him again!


Mike Judge is the creator of the TV shows King of the Hill and Beavis and Butthead. He signed my King of the Hill photo and the photo we took together last time he was at JFL.



 Actor and comedian Nick Kroll signed this photo we took together a couple years ago. He wasn't particularly friendly then, and is no more friendly now...


 Nick Thune is an up and comer in the comedy world. He was a friendly guy!

I think I must be one of the few autograph collectors in Canada who hadn't met Russell Peters (definitely the only one in my friend group). It was great to finally get the opportunity.

Sarah Silverman is one of my favourite comedians ever! This was my second time meeting her and she was super friendly! I commended her on her speech at the Democratic National Convention and she complimented my shirt I was wearing! She signed a photo from her appearance on Seinfeld and signed a copy of the selfie we took last time we met.




Great meeting actor Seth Rogen. He's appeared in so many hilarious comedy films. His signature leaves much to be desired though...


Actor and Comedian Tom Green signed this classic shot from Road Trip:

I've recently been listening to the anti-slut shaming podcast Guys We Fucked so it was great getting the opportunity to meet the hosts Corinne Fisher and Krystyna Hutchinson.

Finally, NBA star Blake Griffin was performing at JFL for some reason. I had him sign my photo and it appears he just wrote Mickey Mouse on it... If this is as good as his comedy gets, may I suggest he doesn't quit his day job.

No comments:

Post a Comment