Sunday 19 February 2017

TTM Success - Sir Elton John

Sir Elton John is an English singer, pianist, and composer. In his five-decade career he has sold more than 300 million records, making him one of the best-selling music artists of all time. He has more than fifty Top 40 hits, including Candle in the Wind, Bennie and the Jets, I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues, and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. He has received five Grammy Awards, an Academy Award, a Golden Globe, a Tony Award, a Disney Legends award, and the Kennedy Center Honours. In 2013, Billboard ranked him the most successful male solo artist on their Top All-Time Artists (third overall behind The Beatles and Madonna). He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994.

He signed the photo I sent to him and returned it in my SASE in 21 days.






4 comments:

  1. Hey there! I just got a vinyl of Yellow Brick Road and I'd like to send the cover to Sir Elton to get it signed, but I have no TTM experience. I noticed that your address is also different than the one on fanmail? Any tips you could give me? Like how to know its not a secretary? And since Sir Elton has a tour right now, (I think) should I wait a bit to mail it if I do decide to? Thanks!

    ~N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Yes, I would wait until you know he is not on tour before sending it to him. As with any TTM success, there's never a way to know 100% that it was definitely signed by him, but the autograph I received, including the writing in the inscription, matches his nice graph he gives when he's not rushed. As well, he has a history of sending preprints in response to TTM requests, but not secretarials. All signs definitely point to the autographs signed through this address (his US home) being authentic.

      Delete
  2. Hey,
    What address did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the address you used to send your request to?

    ReplyDelete